Her singing, yes..... Her politics, Uh NO!

I did see her in an outdoor open air concert, in October when I was in college at Tanglewood in Western Massachusetts.
Back when Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops use to play. her big hit at the time was " Like a Heat Wave". After three songs they started to play that big hit for her.

She had come out on stage with a short pair of cut off jeans, a bikini top and an open cardigan sweater on. She threw her cardigan off as she started the song, and was on stage when it was about 30 degrees outside. At the end of the song, when she sang the last line " Just Like a Heat Wave", she reached behind herself and it looked like she took off her bikini top. When she finished the last line, the lights on stage go dark, and it looked like her yellow bikini top goes flying out into the crowd, highlighted by a single spot light.

The guys in the audience goes wild, and the top lands in the audience and some guy has a souvenir. Just as that happen, the lights go back on the stage, and she was standing there with her top still on, and she is twirling another bikini top just like the one she is wearing, around on her index finger.

She smiles at the audience and says in the microphone.. " Fooled them, didn't we girls!" She instantly had the entire audience in the palm of her hand. It was a 2 hour plus concert, but she had the audience pumped the entire time after her big hit at the time, " Heat Wave".

When I was in High School, my senior year over in Virginia ( 1969-70 ) the drinking age over in DC was 17 yrs and 6 months. We use to go over to a club in Georgetown, where her and the Stone Ponys where the nightly band. Was one of our most popular places to go partying over in DC, because of her. She was only about 5 ft to 5 ft 2inches tall. Kinda short.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez