Originally Posted by 160user
Good for her! I have quit several times and finally just came to the conclusion that I find smoking relaxing and that I need to die from something anyway.

My wife works in a cancer center. Her patients exhibit a great deal of regret regarding smoking. Many of the patients have appointments for chemo or radiation treatments. Those treatments may only occur every 2-3 weeks at most and for some it may only be once every few months.

Many (most) of them come in 3-5 times a week to get the side effects treated. Common side effects are dehydration, constipation, iron deficiencies, malnutrition, and pain. Each time they come in for treatments their insurance companies are billed for screening, triage, and treatment from a RN, PA, NP, and the ocologist or hematologist. Many times the treatment plans include numerous prescription medications.

Even the best insurance plans require copays for visits and medications and have a maximum out-of-pocket limit of $5K or more. It really doesn't take long to exhaust one's savings when dealing with a terminal illness. Good luck if you think you'll have enough energy to sell anything you have to pay for your treatment. My wife's clinic has a high no-show rate and the #1 reason is because their patients struggle to even gather the energy to leave their bed somedays.

With all that said, I hope anyone who enjoys smoking remembers that habit has a longterm health and financial impact.

I sure hope I die from a sudden and massive heart blockage while I'm going "ten toes up and ten toes down" with my wife or some young bimbo. ðŸĪŠðŸ˜œðŸ˜

Medics bury their mistakes..