Originally Posted by akgrant
I was looking for a rifle to rebore to one as I did not know there was ever a factory rifle made in it in LH. Found a rifle but my project may have hit a snag though as it appears USPS lost it in transit to JES....

I'm sorry that your A-Bolt has gone AWOL. I was kind of curious to hear how the rebore would turn out. I've never seen a factory 35 Whelen in a LH model so I always assumed I would have to build one myself. Same story if I ever wanted a 257 Roberts or a 300 H&H Magnum. There's several classic calibers that just never seem to pop up in LH models. A LH laminate Ruger MkII in 30-06 popped up a few days ago & I bookmarked it to ponder a similar conversion. But fortunately someone hit the higher-priced "Buy it Now" button & saved me from spending more money.

Originally Posted by TjIA
Tempting but I accidentally bought a cooper 204 left hand this last weekend so unfortunately funds are now slim....

Small world. I just "accidentally" bought a LH Cooper in 22-250 so my firearm piggy bank is a bit anemic right now too. grin

Originally Posted by martentrapper
I'd like one. But not that bad!

When I think of acquiring a donor rifle, buying or reboring a new barrel & possibly getting a new stock, then the price isn't too bad for this one since it includes the Talley rings, Timney trigger & dies. But fortunately I'm running out of room in my small gun safe & I have everything I could possibly need so it's finally getting easier to not use rationalizations like that to buy stuff that intrigues. A lack of space is finally tempering my bad impulses. I appreciate AKwolverine sharing the link because not too long ago, I would have considered whether this was a good fit for my collection. Now I've gotten really picky for the last couple of empty slots.