The S & W Shield EZs appear to be built on a commonly sized action, smaller than the M & P, larger than the Shield Plus, and the stats from the manufacturer are available, but that info was not a factor in my purchase. The 380's seem to be low on both power and penetration and the 30 Super Carry does not share those shortcomings. It behaves much like the 9mm.

Part of shooting and reloading is the learning involved and this new cartridge is providing me with new questions and new lessons. I originally had a few firearms that were the start of learning the fundamentals of shooting and reloading and then I was enticed to explore further, expanding the envelope, as we might say. I ventured into wildcats, AIs, new and different powders and all kinds of guns and sights. Now I am viscerally involved in finding answers with an innovative cartridge and an intriguing gun. I applaud advancements in engineering, design and production in whatever direction it takes us and try to encourage a sense of adventure in students, kids and friends. I also appreciate the traditional, routine, everyday reliability of stuff that works, so this 30 Super Carry experiment keeps my mind engaged with a fresh idea while I enjoy retirement.

Some new cartridges become commercially successful, which is one way to measure achievement, while others have floundered, without support from the manufacturer or sportsmen. Let us see where this round is headed on its merits, not our prejudgment. I am enjoying the journey.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.