Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
Originally Posted by Fullfan
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
Originally Posted by humdinger
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
That oughta do it!
I forget how many #9's per ounce, but an ounce and 3/4 should have about a gazillion!

I read an article and its less TSS 9's per ounce than expected because its heavier than the lead.

On a side note... I see on face book about custom hadloaders getting huge 2 ounce pay loads in 20 gauge and I always wonder what the increased pressure does to the gun, especially semi-autos.
my affinity 3 handles the 2 oz BossTom ammo fine. shoots like this at 40 yds
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2oz should do better than that, I can get 325-350 all day w just 1 5/8oz.
keep getting it, no turkey will survive that pattern so if its all right with you will stick with it. ya never know when you may have to shoot one running, gives me room for error.

I think what fullfan was getting at is, you’re leaving a lot on the table. The pellet count you’re getting in the pattern you posted is easily achieved with 1 3/8 to 1 5/8oz tss 9s, or even 8s. It’s a lot easier on your wallet, your gun, and your shoulder shooting a lighter load for the same return. Also, if you do a little Google-fu, you’ll see plenty of people have had issues/broken guns shooting those big payloads in a 20ga. 2oz is a 12ga load. 20ga weren’t built to handle it. Your gun handles it fine, until it doesn’t. However, your Franchi is an inertia gun, so will probably have fewer issues than a gas gun shooting those heavy loads. I happen to like my face and fingers, so I don’t push it.

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.