Originally Posted by 69sportfury
Originally Posted by kwg020
69 do you have a link to the scope you are looking at ?? kwg

https://tractoptics.com/toric-4-25x50-34mm-mrad-elr-rifle-scope

Yes, I realize I'm opening a can of worms but if you can wade through the language and insults, there's a HINT of information to occasionally be found.

The reality is, maybe an ARKEN EP5 would do 99.9% of what I probably need it to do. I'd rather buy something I wanted, vs settling.

I can get a 20% discount on the scope, so around 1200.00. Although I'd like to find a clean used one for some additional savings. Pretty positive reviews on youtube, but don't put a lot of faith in things that may be paid advertisements vs real world use.

I have that Tract scope. Like it quite a bit. It has a ton of adjustment range, so it spent most of its time with me on an accurate 22LR boltgun shooting at plates fairly far out. I did spend quite a significant amount of time shooting off of barricades, tripods, tires, etc. It was fairly easy to use and keep the sight picture for positional training. Optically, it looks quite good and keep the image quality within about 60% of the travel with minimum degradation. All scopes start losing image quality as you get further away from optical center and this one is not an exception. Thankfully, that is mostly restricted to the edges, so it has not been a hindrance.

Arken EP5 is OK if you get one that works. Anecdotally, the odds of that are in the 60% to 70% range. About a third of them seem to have something or other wrong.

These two are in no way competitive with each other, nor are they priced the same.

ILya