Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I haven't purchased a gun in years so does that mean I can sell whatever I want without worrying about these new restrictions?

No.
Lets say Gavin win's in 2024 and gun prices shoot through the roof, so you decide to take advantage of the high prices and get rid of a few things you no longer shoot. Since the timing was motivate by pecuniary gain you could still be considered "in the business".

So if I decide I'd like to sell a gun (or multiple guns) I've purchased years ago and list it on a Gunbroker auction for a penny and it sells for more than I paid for it (like a lot of other things with this BS inflation), I could be considered "in the business"? How is this any different than selling any other type of items you may have collected over the years?

You can loose money and still be considered "in the business". A profit isn't necessary, just a motive of pecuniary gain.

Here's another great trap they've set. If at anytime your revenue from firearms sales exceeds your income, you're "in the business".

So, you're retired just collecting 1500 a month in social security, and sell two guns in one month for $1000 each. Guess what, you're presumed to be "in the business".

Loose your job, sell a couple of guns, same thing.

Keep in mind, one of the stated goal of the Safer Communities Act was to plug the alleged Gun Show and Private Sales "loopholes".

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/16/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell