I would go with a CZ 550 American all the way. The new American has been put on a weight watchers diet and tips the scales at 7 lbs and four ounces, or there about. The old models came in at 8 lbs, about eight ounces more than the beloved Remington BDLs. The checkering on the new 550 Americans have been improved as well and the price tag remained about the same. Of the CZs I have owned the bolt cycling has been no better, or worse, than most other major manufactured rifles. If you do get one that is rough, a couple of nights in front of the television watching movies and cycling the bolt will smooth it up just right. You get scope rings with the rifle and out of the box accuracy is outstanding. Wood to metal finish the excellent. What I like probably the most is the single set trigger. Also any one with even no knowledge about gunsmithing can adjust pull weight, creep and over travel with little of no trouble. If you do go the CZ route ask for one of the new models. CZ hasn't even put it or any other new deals in the catalog. Good Luck .... Tom Purdom

Last edited by 7x57mm Mauser; 01/16/08. Reason: sentence added