A little discourse on why the 24" barrel in the NULA is a good choice follows, but first the why. My wife is a lefty, and she tried all the factory LH guns in the 90s when she was shopping for a bolt gun. She used a M88 Win lever gun in .308 until then. We used to see Craig Boddington at social events, and she and CB would always talk about LH guns and issues. Craig told her the LH Winchester Classic M70 was imminent (IIRC that was in '96), so we went down and ordered one. She had been reading his Safari Rifles, and had decided she wanted a .30-'06. That rifle came with a 24" barrel.

That is the long way around to part of the reason I specified a 24" barrel on my NULA M24 .30-'06 when I ordered it last year. Another part is John B. has been running one for several years, and the combination was obviously working well. The final part is my 6.5-'06 and .280 Rem have 23.6" (600 mm) barrels, so I already knew that length was not a problem for me hunting. So don't worry about the 24" barrel length in the standard action length NULA rifles.

You can print out the order form from the website, and the specified deposit on order is 50% down.

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."