Kyreloader: How far away is that 2" bullseye?
Sounds like a fun shoot.
Getting me to fire my Varmint Rifles at anything but fur and feather is like pulling teeth though.
I swear the last time I had a Varminter re-barreled and suffering the indignity of that expense - I swore I would never do it again!
My thinking is shoot the Rifle til its tired and sell it - buy a new one!
How many rounds do you go through in a Varmint match?

17ACKLEYBEE: I shoot at high powers even when the "river is running" (mirage is making the target appear to be in a place it isn't!). I have found the mirage effect is the same at high power as it is at lower power. Maybe you are referring to the target being "blurred" somewhat at the higher powers. I grant you that but still I feel its beneficial to shoot at the higher powers even when mirage is present as I get more hits at higher power.

Kaiser Norton: I have several Nikon 6.5x20's and a couple dozen Leupold 6.5x20's - I like them both myself but would not trade the Leupold for the Nikon. Its not just a money thing I trust the Leupold completely and I KNOW they are virtually immune to harsh conditions.
They are both fine scopes.
I try to buy all my scopes used anymore - the retail prices are just horrific these days.

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy