Originally Posted by MarcTaylor
The Mountain Pant was not designed to be waterproof. It is a hunting pant. It doesn't stay wet long, though, I can vouch for that.

Yes, "limber up" means soften or lose that "new" feel with respect to the Mountain Pant after washing.

hekin237 - Difficult to take a morbidly obese guy's opinion for the performance of a hiking/hunting pant. I guess someone tested it for him and told him how fabulous it was...

Amazing (we) keep reinventing clothing, but use the same ingredients as the last clothing. Polyester, wool, nylon, lycra and cotton.

The mountain pant is nothing more than a camouflage version of you Grandfather's polyester slacks with cargo pockets and articulated knees. The Expedition 3SP Pant is basically polypropelene, which has been around for decades as well.

Rename it, remarket it and call it a miracle garment!

Breathable -- I agree. Something is "proof" or it is not. Breathing is a two way exchange. Breathable garments eventually saturate. Period.

I choose a large waterPROOF garment that allows ample air movement to disperse perspiration. I no longer wear rain pants; they bind and don't work "with" me. If I am walking in something water proof I'll sweat and become wet anyway. Insulate to guard against chill, and keep as much water off you as possible. Totally dry is usually not an option, so insulated and damp will have to serve as "comfortable".

Taylor

What are your pants of choice?

Last edited by hekin237; 02/28/08.