Maybe I have missed something, but I don't recall anyone saying Wiggy's makes a terrible bag. At the risking of invoking someone's wrath I will say again what I have said before. The majority opinion seems to be that Wiggy's is a competent synthetic sleeping bag that is on the heavy side.

I have never met Mark Taylor or Jerry Wigutow. Taylor strikes me as a salesman... and I don't find sales clerks the most congenial of company. Wigutow seems like a blowhard, but that's not entirely uncommon with guys who have small... companies. smile (In the words of Foghorn Leghorn, "It's a joke, son.")

If there are folks in Alaska happy in Wiggy's bags, God bless 'em. I'm not here to tell anyone what to buy or not buy. I'm just here to share my experiences and (mostly) learn from others. As long as the discussion is civil and informative, I don't mind participating. I think when there are folks with a financial or emotional stake in a product, the conversation can go downhill.

As for Alaska, I agree with Kute. I've traveled a bit. One of the coldest places I can remember is Korea when the wind came right down out of Siberia. Up north of the Artic Circle can get brisk. The rain on the BC coast can come in horizontally for days at a stretch. I spent a week in a tent where the high temperature was zero (F) and the wind was consistently 20 mph. Kute is spot on. The weather that kills you is the weather that sneaks up on you. After a guy has been in some hard country, it's easy to let your guard down... and that's when Mr. Murphy shows up.

Hunting success is 90 percent hunter, 10 percent weapon.