I can't help but find humor in the fact that people are so quick to jump to conclusions of a guy's ability to shoot long range with consistent results, when most have never even attempted it, nor even own a rifle capable of it.

Shooting long distance(500+) isn't nearly as difficult as one would think after reading some of these 2" groups at a 100 yards is good enough threads..........

I've trained three women over the years to shoot as well as the rifle they were handed and they proved more than once that shots at that distance with the right equipment and information provided to them, made the shots a guarantee, rather than a fluke.

Wind can kinda be tough to judge at times when shooting across canyons, but that's what they make scopes for..........see your target and it's surroundings. Observe your present location and make a determination of wind speed. Compare the two, as well as an in-between spot and make the shot. No, you can't go blasting animals with this information, but you can sure as hell practice enough to make this very reliable.

I've made plenty of one-shot hits with a 223 shooting out at 800 yards, shooting on top of rimrock, across canyons, and over a river. Now, that is sporting, but I knew my range, guessed wind pretty well, and new my rifle. Those one-shot hits were on 16oz pop bottles and they're not hard to do when you have the facts.