MarkG.

I have been able to set the stove up when cold and at dusk. But I am good at sliding pop cans together too for building stoves. If this was not the case I could easily see how someone might work up a good rage assembling the stove. The missing spring issue really pissed me off. It turned a 3 minute job into a 30 minute multi tool adventure. For the record I like my Kifaru small stove better due to bomb proof construction and stove top cooking. Think the Ti-goat box stove would share much of the same goodness.

Andy.

I would go with a ST over the Paratarp. I think the Paratarp is just too small. I know what you are talking about. An unexpected bivy however the ST packs down nearly as small. If I had to pick one the Parastove would get the nod. There is nothing that can go wrong with the Kifaru design. I just need to play with the Ti-goat stove more before I could trust it with my life and that is what we are talking about with an ER setup. I know more springs need to be packed. For the Kifaru extra 10/24 wing nuts are packed. In anycase the Ti-goat stove is packs down crazy small.