Originally Posted by WoodsWalker
MarkG.

I have been able to set the stove up when cold and at dusk. But I am good at sliding pop cans together too for building stoves. If this was not the case I could easily see how someone might work up a good rage assembling the stove. The missing spring issue really pissed me off. It turned a 3 minute job into a 30 minute multi tool adventure. For the record I like my Kifaru small stove better due to bomb proof construction and stove top cooking. Think the Ti-goat box stove would share much of the same goodness.

WoodsWalker,
I agree on all accounts. For me a light hunting set-up would be the Kifaru Paratipi (or 4man tipi) and a small stove.
For more of a survival rig I would go with the Ti-goat box stove and a good tarp. I use the Go-lite lair two myself.

Currently I do not have a really light box stove. I NEED one grin! but I currenly use one of these with my tarp.
The kni-co packer jr
[Linked Image]

Or for going real lite
The Stratus Trailstove.
[Linked Image]
For early season bow hunts where the temps aren't severe, this little guy is the bomb.
Go-lite shelter - less than 2 lbs.
Trail Stove - 14.8 oz.

Last edited by MarkG; 04/01/08.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis 9:3