I have one on a Ruger tang-safety long action and another on a commercial FN Mauser action. I bought them before I knew of, or could have afforded, McMillans, which I have put on my more recent acquisitions. Both of these B & C's have worked perfectly, no complaints whatsoever. Both had to have some work to fit, but my local gunsmith did this for just a few dollars, and I've had no problems. I intend to buy one more to put on a donor rifle I recently acquired as a gift, as I don't want to spend the time or the money for a Mickey for it. I still put Mickey's on anything new that I'm really nutty about (like a recently acquired Pre-64), but that probably speaks more about me personally than about either brand of stock. I think they're well worth what they cost, and I've never had any problems with either of mine. Keep in mind that I hunt in south Georgia under extremely mild conditions. Someone who hunts in Alaska, or who has to carry a rifle a long distance over rough country may have a different experience. But for me, if it's a rifle that I own but am not crazy about, it gets a B & C. Customs or classics get McMillan. Just my way of doing things.