Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
Never been to Missouri, but the physics of what I'm reading is mind boggling. Can't even begin to imagine how one might model this phenomenon.
As I understand it, bullets leave the barrel at 2 moa and then turn 1 moa to group 1 moa?
I'm a lot more comfortable with paralax.
There was a lot of people that saw the edge of a flat planet, also.
I am sure that you are seeing the results that you are reporting, just not buying the explanation.
I haven't read through all the posts...I didn't need to. A bullet leaves the barrel...If it is spinning fast enough it will have little if no "YAW" so to speak..."same as a top that has been released from the string"...at first it will have large lopeing loops until it settles down into its "groove"...I'm not sure of the "physics" part but I've seen enough tracer rounds sent downrange to know that it can be seen...stable bullets will be pencil thin, whereas unstable bullets will have a "larger" looking glow..."SAWS" & fully auto weapons will have a larger heat signature than a comparable caliber in a low volume fire weapon...I imagine because the barrel heats up pretty quick & it takes a little bit of time for the bullet to "settle"...When first fired...full auto weapons will have a somewhat smaller signature than they will after a few hundred rounds are fired...As far as paralax is concerned...I have NEVER seen paralax as being an issue at 100 yds. then magically disappearing at two...It just doesn't work that way...