I am new to this site and feel compelled to respond to this rant of a forum. I am born and raised in North East BC. That is the heart of hunting in BC and close to where these offenses occurred. I live in an area where huge economic value is seen from hunting. My extended family has owned territories for over 50 years. Some have retired and some have 2nd generation operations in BC and the Yukon.

What I read here is a disgrace to our community, our passion, our livelihood and our sport. I do not care where one is born or raised or where they choose to make a living. It is our right in a free democratic country and Continent to make a living.

All I ask is you do your job with the utmost respect and professionalism. Breaking any law no matter how small is not professional. He was not some young guide on his first hunt, but a seasoned hunter with all sorts of experience. He and his friends will consider himself a very professional hunter.

When going into to business it is in your best interest to know and abide by all governing laws. Hunting with a non resident with out a licensed guide is breaking the very first and most basic rule in our screwed up hunting laws. If anyone would know this it would be a non resident who has hunted abroad such as Bryan. I am sure he was on hunts before where he was dependent on a guide and knew their role.

His first offense has no excuse. The guide who did not accompany them would also have known they were not to hunt and I am sure he would have said to not continue hunting until he came back. I know when you have a paid hunter he wants to hunt but tough beans...no guide...no hunt. Sorry about your luck and for booking with the wrong outfitter. He should have been to stay in camp until the guide comes back.

I have taken out of province hunters out and knew the rules and knew he could not hunt without me at his side at all times. I sure hope a professional would know this after investing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I am not going to call down Bryan or his friends on this site nor ask him to be deported. I simply ask our government to start taking hunting offenses seriously. We all know they have not shown much respect for our resources so unfortunately we depend on the so-called professionals to do this for us. And in Bryans case or should I say cases...he has not done this and has let myself as a hunter, my family as BC residents and all other guides and outfitters and sportsmen around the world down in a huge way.

I have no use for anyone who knowingly breaks any hunting or fishing regulation and does not treat our wildlife with the out most respect.

Here is to true sportsmanship. Hope to see all of you in the backcountry.