Based on my experiences with the older M77 tang safety Rugers many were not that accurate. I bought a new 6 mm rem and it was terrible, would only shoot the 100 gr semi roundnose Sierra . The worst was a 7 x 57 that had a ton of freebore. IMO both had chambering issues. As for other Rugers shooting I would say that shot okay but not great. I know Ruger didn't make their barrels in the beginning, have read many stories here about inaccurate guns.

The only reason I have rem takeoffs or Liljas on my Rugers is that I found all but one used. I do have two out of three Rugers bedded, the 284 is just sitting in the Mickey stock. I just don't buy new rifles that often. Lawson's has good reamers and a talented gunsmith, I feel it made the difference. All I know is the rebarreled rifles really shoot.

I have never experienced any problems with the angled front action screw. It is harder to bed. I suppose I am not very scientific, I torque down the front and back action screws as hard as I can with one hand.

Rost495, right after I posted I saw your post...what do you mean by Ruger being anti gun? Sounds like a strange statement for a company that makes firearms.

Last edited by Azshooter; 06/20/08.