Originally Posted by BCSteve
Maybe I'll try to old credit card under the barrel trick to temporarily free float the barrel to see if it helps before making any drastic change...

Your bedding is already done but thought I'd throw in a tip. (I think you mean credit card under the action to temporarily float the barrel?)

I used to use cut up pieces of business cards but they'd slide around and were a pain to work with. Layers of electrical tape can be built up and are much easier to work with. Of course cutting up credit cards will save money in the long run... wink

I have a Mountain Guide in .308 and floating results are so far somewhat unproven. It was stringing with the factory pressure points, still strung some when the two bumps in the forend were sanded off as the forend still touched. That shows just how much upward pressure they put in at the factory.

Lifted it out of the stock via the electrical tape and that seemed to do the trick, the stringing stopped. So I had it glass bedded and full free floated. Unfortunately the first range trip produced nice round, large groups in the 2 to 2 1/2" range. 'Course, I'm probably one the worst bench shooters in five states, so am going to try this one more time and if it still does that I'm going to have the barrel neutral bedded.

If'n I wanted a lightweight rifle that shoots I probably should'a bought a Tikka to begin with...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!