I picked up a Husqvarna in 7X57 AI with a 3X9 Loopy for a song at my local friendly pawn shop a few years ago and love the gun and cartirdge. I get 120 FPS extra using 140 gr bullets on average, and the gun cuts a tight one hole. Would I have a good standard 7X57 re-chambered...probably not. But, I wouldn't part with this one, either.

I once owned a USRA Winchester XTR FW that had been re-chambered from 7X57 to 7X57 I.C.L Tortilla...same as an AI but with a 45 degree shoulder. It wanted velocity to shoot well and couldn't be tamed down any, so I got rid of it. The present owner hunts speed-goats with it and flames 130's out the end; he loves the rifle.

I once had a 35 Whelen re-chambered to AI, and the group sizes dropped by 1/2. I had my son's 257 Bob rechambered to AI, and it was a rousing success; this was before the 25-06 became a factory round. I do think that rounds like the 35 Whelen benefit from an AI, but others don't...the 30-06 being the prime example, IMO.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”