Originally Posted by RinB
luv2safari...Biesen once told me that every 257 Roberts he rechambered to 25-06 (his version was on the 270 cases before it became a factory round) produced better accuracy. That will probably irritate the "Bob" lovers but he did a lot of them and that was what he found.

My X-wife got a VERY nice Saturn custom rifle, built in the 1950's on an FN supreme action and in good
French walnut. These Juenke guns were a lot like the early Wbys in that they had long throats, and these had slow twist rates. It was chambered in 25-270 I.C.L and loved 115 Noslers out the end REAL FAST!!! eek eek The 115's were the heaviest/longest bullets it would shoot, and accuracy fell off terribly with anything bigger/slower. My X, a great rifle shot, could keep all shots in one hole all day long with this rifle. The 45 degree shoulder seemed to help keep the brass form stretching all to hll, too.

I see nothing wrong with re-chambering to AI; it doesn't hurt anything if you don't mind reloading all your ammo. With many new and somewhat "improved" cartridges out these days, they aren't much of an advantage over what is available over the counter. I was well acquainted with Bob Dunlap and Vern Juenke (if you want to throw names around grin), and both love the 257 AI...think it is one of the very best .25's. I have no arguments with them. wink Nothing wrong with a 25-270/25-06, either.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”