Originally Posted by Sassy
We live on a farm and used to raise sheep. Neighbor explained the theory to me about dogs running sheep. Never had a dog problem after that!

Yeah, I hear that the SSS theory has been put to good use on wolves.

You have to be careful where you "shovel" em' though, because some of them have chips embedded in them and can be tracked right to the burial sight by the Fish and Wildlife people.

A couple of loggers shot a mountain lion once in CT (where the F&G say they don't exist) and threw it in a nearby lake.

A couple of days later, a game warden showed up where they were working and started asking some questions.

He couldn't be specific about what he was looking for, because the F&G Dept. did not want the public to know that they were trying to re-introduce lions in the area to help control the deer herd.

His telemetry data was telling him that the dead cougar was in the area, but without the help of the loggers, he never found it.

I guess the moral of this story is that you can still employ the SSS theory, but because of the technology that's out there today, you just gotta be a little more careful on how you do it.