I knew Bill Sukalle as a kid, his shop was next door to Stop and Swap gun shop on east Washington street, in Phoenix, Arizona.

The man did do stock work and built barrels. I have one of Bills 98 actions in a stock he did for me in .300 WINCHESTER mag. He got out of doing gun work long before he quit work. He was hired as a special aero machinist for NASA part of the early space program. The man was the most meticulous machinist I ever knew in my life. Nasa would send him fortunes in machinery, that he would reject as not good enough for his standards. The new machinery would set out back of his shop covered with tarps until the tarps would rot off.

You can find a picture of Bill in ROY DUNLAP'S book "GUNSMITHING" Bill fit the description of the "Hard headed old German" perfectly.

The engraved rifles you find from Bill are always engraved by Kornbath I have had a long time interest in Bill's rifles.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV