I own a Liberty safe and have some issues with the mechanical lock since I bought it.

If I spin the dial to one of the 3 numbers in the pre-set combinations and go past it by mistake I cannot open the safe and must take the manual out and "re-set" the combination by following the procedure in the manual. Once the entire combination has been "programmed" again I will then be able to spin the dial to the designated numbers and open the safe.

This seems completely rediculous to me and when I first discoverd this I actually phoned Liberty on two different occasions and explained the issue and asked if when I miss a number if the safe dial should actually let me spin it to zero and then start entering the combination all over again as this would be much quicker then programming the combination into the dail again. This seems crazy to me as during an emergency it would be very easy to miss a number by not ligning up the dial completely with the hash marks.
On both calls to the company I was told that the safe lock was operating as normal and not to worry about it.

I have had this safe for about four years now and tend to open it with the key rather then the mecahnical spin dial to avaoid having to mess with missing a number and having to deal with setting it up again.

I have recently thought about converting the safe to an electronic dial but would like to know if anyone else owns a Liberty safe and has had this problem.

Thanks