300 WSM, 180 gr Accubond

I tried these things for the 1st time last year. I shot a medium sized mulie from 300 yds. He was quartering away and he dropped like a rock. The near side was a mass of blood shot tissue, much of it inedible. I thought that it was maybe just this particular hit that caused so much damage until...........

Yesterday I shot a medium sized bull from about 250 yds. He was quartering toward me. I hit him in the shoulder, clipping but not breaking the bone. I found the bullet under the hide about 2/3 of the way back in the rib cage. It was mushroomed beautifully, a classic mushroom. It killed him alright, no question about that. But guys, I work way too hard for my elk to have to leave half a shoulder lying on a hillside. It was blown to pieces. The bloodshot area was massive, going back about halfway down the ribcage on the NEAR side.

There are too many quality bullets on the market to have to use Accubonds. My 2 partners just looked at the meat and "highy recommended" that I switch brands. I fully concur. They're killers, to be sure, but I don't need just a killer, I need one that will leave me a little edible meat, too.

If a game warden saw what these bullets do, he'd probably ticket me for wanton waste of game meat.

Last edited by Rock Chuck; 10/16/08.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.