Fire Hawk- while I've never worked with a 325 WSM I have done a fair bit of work with a 338 WSM. Good rounds and totally capable of whatever you need done out to fairly long range (IE 500-600).

I'd have one in the stable in a heart beat if it turned my crank and if I had the need/want.

As for what it'll do that the 300 short will do and or vice versa. Well, I see it as I could micro manange points in favor of either one. But at the end of the day I want a rifle to be set to at least 500 yds and for me to do that I need a scope with either turrets and or my favorite dotz.

IME dotz and or turrets take out the this one is better than that one and either one is a darn fine round.

I see a 180 out of a 300 pushed to 2950 as a wonderful load as well I see a 200 out of a 325 pushed to 2900 as a wonderful load. Either one is incredibly capable if we are.

Bottom line, good luck in drawing that darn tag as that's a lot more important than any of this ballistic gack... grin

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy