I just finished Osa's book, Four Years in Paradise. I thought the book was pretty bland from a hunting point of view. This is not a quote but pretty typical of her writing. A rhino saw us and without warning charged headlong into us. I had to shoot it before we could continue on our safari. Little if anything would be detailed or added.

Don't get me wrong. I think Osa and her husband had a grand time in Africa with all their support of over 100 "boys" and all the money from the Eastmans, but her writing is without a spark of imagination for the reading hunter. Osa never captured my interest nor was she able to make me see, hear, smell, or feel Africa with her. Her shots at game provided little detail. Sometimes she talked about using her eleplhant rifle on a rhino but other than giving the caliber, never made me feel as though I was along with her when she pressed the trigger.

I have another of her books on order to read but I have to admit that I am not relishing it. She sure isn't a Capstick !

Rolly