Rolly,

Yes, I have to agree with you. Both of her books, I Married Adventure and Four Years in Paradise, aren't really that entertaining from a hunting perspective. Of the two books, I enjoyed Four Years in Paradise the most. Like you said, not much about hunting but the information about setting up camp for four years and filming the animals I did find of interest but mainly from a historical perspective.

I'm currently reading a biography of the Johnsons entitled They Married Adventure by Pascal James Imperato and Eleanor M. Imperato (still in print and available in soft cover from Amazon.com and other sellers). Due to my interest in the Johnsons, I'm finding it very interesting and informative. I'm not sure how much others would enjoy it.

One thing I did learn from They Married Adventure is that both of Osa's books were ghost written. I guess that has a lot to do with the writing style and quality.

Cheers!
-Bob F.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke