I'll chime in and say I like my Buck Mark better than my old Ruger Mk for balance and takedown. It is very accurate and reliable - moreso than the Ruger MKIIs my buds own and have shot lately on our outings. A guy who used to tune triggers for Browning did my trigger. I'll take one any day over a Ruger.

I have an original Ruger Bearcat. Really nice little packing SA and a terrific starting handgun for my daughter. I think that the rudimentary notch sights are the biggest hindrance to accuracy with that handgun - but I ain't sellin'!
My son has the bigger Single-Six and it is more accurate - or easier to be more accurate with. Good outfit.

My brother had a Colt Woodsman and it was really terrific (but really no better than the Buck Mark), I just don't want to pay what they are asking on the market for them.

I always thought the S&W Kit gun would be a great trail gun - I just haven't gotten around to getting one yet.

Another discontinued "sleeper" .22 auto I have experience with (owned by a shootin' bud) is the S&W 2206. Same size as the Buck Mark and a fabulous shooter - if you find one on the market for a decent price - BUY!!

"We deal in lead - friend"