EVERY time I pull the trigger, it's intentional. Can't fathom it being otherwise.

I can. In this case not intentional as in the Officer manifestly wasn't paying full attention to what is right hand was doing.

Long known fact; when ya ain't concentrating on doing something your body reverts to what is popularly termed "muscle memory". A remarkable faculty. It allows us to walk down the street while thinking of something else, or even drive a manual transmission car whithout thinking about that either.

This is why we practice, to build in a sequence of physical motions into our subconscious. But there's a flip side....

Have you never locked yourself out of your house or car while holding an object in your hand that FELT like your keys? Closed the door before you thought about it? Said "Oh damn!" the moment the door locked behind you? Same thing.

This is precisely why some PD's dictate carrying the tazer on the opposite side, so that an arm intitially directed to grab "tazer" doesn't grab "pistol" instead while the owner's full attention is directed elsewhere.

As for pulling the trigger, I'm wondering if the guy hadn't been practicing at home, drawing and dry firing, putting THAT into his muscle memory..

(Dry firing for practice to me is a completely idiotic endeavor. It plants the concept of pulling the trigger without consequences in the muscle memory. I once unthinkingly blew a hole in my wall in that very manner blush)

Regardless, I'd also like to know if that was a standard 5.5 lb Glock trigger. Any handgun I'd use for serious business would need at least an 8lb trigger and up (preferably 12)... PRECISELY because lighter triggers can be pulled unthinkingly under stress or surprise.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744