I need some advice.

I really like the current Remington M700 Alaskan Ti rifles. They fits me just right, feel great and I shoot the one I already own very well.

[Linked Image]

I�d like to purchase a second Alaskan Ti and convert it to .35 Whelen for dark-timber elk hunting. It would seem that there are two possible routes for this.

1. Buy, say, an Alaskan Ti in .280 or .30-06 and have the barrel REBORED to .35 Whelen, if possible.

2. Or buy a .280 or .30-06 Alaskan Ti and have it REBARRELED to .35 Whelen.

REBORING QUESTIONS
Is it possible to rebore the factory, fluted barrel on the current Alaskan Ti to .35 Whelen? Is there enough barrel thickness to do that? What caliber should I start with? If it is possible, who specifically would you recommend for that reboring job?

REBARRELING QUESTIONS
Or, would I be better off simply rebarreling the rifle for .35 Whelen. If so, who specifically would you recommend to do that job so that the new barrel was a fair cosmetic match for the old factory barrel (fluted or maybe just round)?

Your ideas and suggestions on this project would be very much appreciated. Rebore or rebarrel, and who should do the work?

"Don't let the things you can't do, stop you from doing the things you can do."