Originally Posted by Ian (VA)
So my question to the group is, should I use this extra barreled action (I guess just the monoblock, and throw away the rest) to make a second, switch barrel? I could experiment with makng a full-length forearm... mabey a carbine length in .357 Maximum? Or should a just make a whole new rifle in some other caliber?

I have a thing for switch-barrel guns and break-open actions, having a couple different barrel sets for the BRNO ZH3XX series, which I guess is a bigger sibling to the 110. So with that disclaimer, my choice would be a second barrel for the existing receiver and keep the second one as a spare. You could make up a nice fitted case for both. That stock deserves it.

With regards to the caliber/cartridge: The .357 maximum sounds like a nifty modern riff on the old Rook Rifle concept. And from what my friends with .357 Magnum rifles say, it should be a barn-burner coming from a longer pipe.

On the other hand, I have daydreams about something like this chambered in .30-40 Krag or 7x65R. That may have too much overlap with the .25-35, however....

I'll keep my eyes open to see where you go with this.

Rick

Rick