Kodiak

I used to have a birdshead style grip on a .45 Colt single action. It was different, but managable. If it's not comfortable in your hand, you won't shoot it well, so hold one before you order one.

Vaquero sights? They offer the exact same aiming picture as "any" other sight. A rear notch and a front post. "Precision" is no less possible with the fixed style sight as with an adjustable sight. "Accuracy" on the other hand, is another matter. I have a Colt style single action revolver that is incredibly "precise," meaning it puts all its rounds into little groups repeatedly.

However, it places those groups about 2" to the left of my aiming point, so in order to make it "accurate" for me, I will have to do one of a number of things, or a combination of those things.

So, betting back to your question, they are equally as good as any other sight for precision, however, they are less adaptable to accurate shooting than an adjustable sight.

Now, having said that, I have a little Ruger Bearcat with the same sights as you are referring to, that was perfectly accurate for my grip/eye/ammo right out of the box and I've killed several squirrels with head shots with it. Didn't need to change a thing.

It's possible, that you will encounter the same thing. But, if you don't, you can tweak your sights after arriving at your favorite load to bring your impact point into line with your sight picture.

First, you must find where your sweet load is striking, and take it from there.

But, if you're unwilling to take a file to the steel of your revolver, you might just go ahead and buy a gun with adjustable sights.

Good luck.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain