I have a Ruger Vaquero, Black Micarta Birdshead Grip, (uncataloged) 4 5/8" barrel, blue/case colored finish, in .45 Colt.

I later obtained a matching "Cousin" Single-Six to it in .35 H&R Magnum. I think these Six-guns are unique and I love 'em.

A large-handed friend also has the same pair, except his .45 Colt Vaquero has a shorter barrel.

My friend strongly disliked my .45 Colt Vaquero until he shot mine. He then changed his mind and purchased his own. He later found the Single-Six .32 Mags. discontinued and for sale from CDNN- and we both ordered.

Both of us treasure these revolvers and feel the Birdshead grip to be an advantage. I have always liked the looks of this grip design. I know that many handgunners do not ... and respect that.

But decide for yourself. "IF" you get one and don't like it ... I don't think you'd ever need to worry about getting "stuck with it" ... I have probably been asked more times by a friend or somebody: "If you would ever consider selling that Birdshead Ruger you got ... ???" ... than any other gun I own.