The best man at my wedding in Yellowpine Idaho uses nothing but a 30-30 for anything he hunts here in Idaho and scores Elk almost every year with it still, and rarely goes without, as do several others I know that live and work in the center of Idaho who refuse to understand how outdated and un-cool the little carbine is. smile One could never get them to read ballistic tables or the internet or they would definitely know they are using the wrong tool for Idaho game that feeds there family year after year.

I had two Winchester '94's for ever, it seems, and traded one for a muzzle loader a couple years ago and kept the most accurate one to today.Like other calibers, shot placement is #1 and bullet choice is #2.My old 30-30 has seen most of Idaho's back country/several horses/Jeeps/logging crummies and trucks and put a fair amount of game in my freezer.I would never hesitate to use it in the thick timber Idaho has for any game I was after and it particularly likes Bears for some reason but my family doesn't.

Jayco