I have hunted with Inuits a number of times all across the North. In general they do light lighter calibers, partly because they can carry lots of ammo, and it is cheaper. I have seen a lot of .22 Magnums and .223's, bt occasionally there will be a .243 or .25-06 as well. On a whale hunt in Hudson's Bay the whale shooter (they harpoon the whale, then chase it around until it needs to rise to breathe, then shoot it in the head) used a rusty .303 SMLE, but his usuall rifle was a .223. These whales were belugas, and even a huge one isn't more than 20 feet long.

One older guy I hunted musk ox with carried a .22 Magnum for most hunting, even polar bears. He would sneak up on a bear and shoot it in the heart, whereupon the bear wouuld wander around for 15 minutes or so then topple over. He did this because polar bear hides are very valuable, and a bigger rifle would make too big a hole.

In the Northwest Territories and Nunavut Territories there are also tundra grizzlies. These are about 1/3 the size of polar bears but a lot more aggressive. On a caribou hunt my Inuit guide carried a .338 Winchester Magnum, just because of the angry little tundra grizzlies. He used a .243 to hunt polar bear.

Oddly enough, I have never run into an Inuit with a .22 Hornet, which evidently used to be the standard before the .22 Magnum and .223 came along.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck