Klik,

I should have said I've hunted with Inuits (or people that call themselves that) all across Canada, from northern Quebec to the islands above Canada. Apparently, at least from what I have seen, it is a lot harder to get ammo, rifles, scopes, etc. up there than in Alaska.

In Arviat (formerly Eskimo Point) on Hudson's Bay, for instance, a really high-class scope was a Tasco 3-9x, and they went for over $200 (American) in 2002. The only ammo available in the local store was rimfire, .223 and .243. This was where I went along on the whale hunt, and the ammo was kinds greenish .303 military hardball from around WWII. And that is one of the better-supplied villages in Nunavut Territory. Try going up to one of the villages on the islands in the Arctic Ocean (where a ship comes in once a year) and things are even skimpier.

The various Inuit groups do have their own prejudices even in Canada. When we we cutting up a whale and I was trying to eat various parts, they told me that "On Baffin Island, they eat walrus. Yuk!"

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck