Cool! I've heard nothing but good about Davis tents, but at the price for the Reliable's... in today's economy...

It was a no-brainer for me. I wasn't going Davis but there's a place near here that is called Salem Tent and Awning that makes some really nice tents. Nicer than my Reliable. But they are getting upwards of $2000 with frame and all! And they'll still get holes burned in 'em from cinders... still get muddy and stained etc.

I did the angle thing on mine and made my own frame. A bit tedious, but not too bad.

My first night in mine was in a massive wind and rain storm up high in Oregon; it was something else! I was very impressed with how she weathered the storm that night and subsequent ones too.

I have a fly on mine. I had a tarp made of tent fabric, by Salem Tent, some years ago to use to connect the two wall tents my buddies have, to make a cooking area between them. Then my one buddy's tent died (improper storage, and it was 20 years old), and I bought this one, and my tarp was the perfect size to do a rain fly with so I had a stove jack added to it. Something to think about.

Hope you like it, mine has been great for the money, and the Reliable folks have been very pleasant to deal with over the last couple years.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 02/24/09.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!