It�s not all peach�s & cream when it comes to Davis Tent!!!!!

I've had a few problems with my both my Davis Tent, & Davis tent poles, and they don't seem to want to correct them.

The first 14 x 16 tent I bought from them had a dime size hole in the roof. Of course you couldn�t see it unless the tent was set up. Anyway, I called them up and let them know about it, and they offered to �Patch� the hole. Seeing as the tent was only a week old, and came flawed, I insisted on a new �replacement� tent instead. They weren�t happy about it, but seeing as I had paid for the tent & poles with a Master Card, they did replace the tent.

Then a few years later, I shipped the tent back to Davis to have a window, & screen door installed. While it was there, I also had them add an awning also. When you add an awning, you also have to buy more poles to extend the awning.

Well, Davis failed to swage one of the awning poles, so there is no way to fit it up to set the awning correctly. When I called Davis, they refused to ship out the one correctly swaged pole, unless I first shipped back (at my cost) the entire tent, with all the steel poles. Shipping a 14 x16 tent from CA to CO isn�t cheap (big & heavy), add in the cost of all the steel poles (long & very heavy), you�ve got a major cost factor.

That�s been a few years ago, and I still haven�t had a chance to get back to Denver yet, but when I do, I�m going to take back both the tent & all poles, and have them try to set it up with what they sent.

By the way, all the problems I had at Davis, was with the son. The Father was very gracious when I dealt with him.

Richard

Cat, the other white meat!