I differ with the idea that one should not use data for jacketed with cast bullets. A properly hard cast bullet can actually be driven quite fast, and may even need to be fired at higher pressures simply to fit the barrel well. (Normally one would buy or pour the hardest cast bullets a bit over bore diameter to accomplish the job properly.)

But one need not simply load to maximums with lead using jacketed load data. By working up with the jacketed data as the highest potential stopping point, you'll find the spot where accuracy is best and leading starts. (Of course, in a bear load, leading or not is a non-issue since you aren't going to be shooting bunches of them at bears all at once.)

I have found that the 1700s seem to be a relatively easy speed level to shoot ordinary cast bullets to. Often, depending on various factors: gas check or plain, bullet diameter, bullet lube characteristics, alloy material, etc, one might be able to get more or less speed than that. The nice thing about using a cast bullet with a properly configured nose in that weight is that it will completely penetrate most bears from any angle with plenty of authority along the way. So, the advantage of using cast it that one doesn't need to really push them as hard to accomplish what one might with jacketed bullets.

FWIW, I have had no trouble getting 18-1900 fps with both jacketed and cast 405-420 grain bullets in my Guide Gun (18.5" barrel) using published jacketed load data for H322. But, IME, even a decent 320 grain bullet from a 45 Colt carbine moving at the more stately speeds of 1500 fps or so can penetrate as well as the bigger faster bullets do. Hard cast bullets have their own rules.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.