Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I too prefer low powered variables over other types. The VXIII 1.5x5 is a great all around optic. Very hard to beat.

TWR,

Do you know where your buddy picked up that closeout illuminated circle dot VXIII?

Mackay,

When you get a chance would you let us know what reticle and tube diameter you prefer?

eh76

The optic I use is a 30mm with a standard duplex. I have been quite pleased overall with it. That being said, I would like to spend some serious time behind a circle dot reticle and see if I can gain any speed at closer targets or if it has an overalll advantage.

In regards to 1" vs 30mm, I just do not know. I want illumination as an option and I have not used a 1" tubed optic with illumination. On my play guns at home that are non illuminated, I have never had a preference.

The funny part is that this subject came up here with someone yesterday and I went back to my hooch and drew out what I believe would be the perfect reticle for the 1.5x5 for doing the work I am doing.

I apologize for the picture. It was done with a dry erase marker on the inside door of my hooch. I use it as my personal whiteboard. smile

It may seem a bit odd to have the 25 yard dot there, but often when you are deployed overseas, when your boots hit the ground they hand you a weapon and you go zero. Quite often enough the zero range ends up being some outfits pistol range so the furthest back that you can get might be 25 yards. This is not always the case but having a 25yd zero dot above the horizontal cross hair would be quite practical in my opinion.

I emailed Leupold customer service yesterday about this and am waiting for a reply. I would like to put this reticle in my existing optic or in a new one and give it a solid test for practical application.

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com