Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Originally Posted by tx270
OK everyone I have a question as a long time .270 shooter and handloader....

Out of all the bullets listed, I'm curious why the 140 Nosler Partition has not been listed a single time. No, I have not tried it, I'm just slightly suprised it never comes up, in any 270 threads it seems.

In theory it seems it would be a great bullet, more weight (slightly), higher sd and bc than 130 np, faster and slightly flatter than the 150. Seems it would bee the best of both worlds in regards to the Partition....

Has it been found to be an inherintly bad bullet? I'm serious, no sarcasm, just curious.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill I can only speak for myself of course. The partition is a good bullet. It does just exactly what it was designed to do. However in my 270 rifles I can not get it to shoot as well as other bullets do no matter what. None of the partitions can I get to shoot as accurately as I want a bullet to perform.

BCR

BCR I agree the partition is a good bullet, I have used it in 130 gr in one of my 270's and I currently run 100gr partitions in my 260. Have used it in a couple other calibers as well.

I was mainly referring to the 140 gr partition and why its rarely mentioned.

Did notice on vote for it since my first post.

Bill

Last edited by tx270; 04/10/09.