Talk about timing, I got a package from Wolfe requesting advertising and it had copies of 3 magazines in it..and one was the Rifle mag with Hoots article..

My favorite Wolfe magazine today is Successful Hunter because I like to read Phil Shoemakers stuff. Phil is is a good friend of mine and he is the real deal..I don't read many of the magazines anymore but I get all of them in the mail at no cost because of my business, and I advertise in them sometimes.

It was a rambling article of no real substance, and looking at his picture its obvious he hasn't been around long and is still pretty wet behind the ears, so give him a few more years, a shave and a haircut and let his balls drop and he'll probably be one of the good guys to our future generation of rag readers,but he better quit scribing that kind dribble or be sure and keep his day job...:)

I have a suspecion that its getting harder and harder to get scribs that have any real hunting experience the old scribes, like old hunt consultants like myself can't remember where they hunted yesterday...:) smile smile smile

I also believe that these gun magazines have run out of material for the most part as the whole ball of wax has been covered a multitude of times but perhaps the new generation of shooters coming up is where their future lies, not with a bunch of old curmudgeons! smile

Anyway God Bless'em, they may be our only hope to preserve our shooting hereatage in todays society.

Im looking forward to some new stuff like the 30-06 vs. the .270, that should make some great reading! smile smile smile