The bigger question is what to do with or how to explain the abnormalities.

The ones that only shoot so so at the bench, but find the x on game. Have a Mod70 sporter LT in .30-06 that shoots consistent 1.5in with just about anything and rarely any better, but is death wind when it comes to hunting.

The ones that shoot good at the bench and carry great, but when hunted you never can find game. Had a pre64 FWT .30-06 that was an honest 3 shot 1in gun that when I hunted with it I couldn't hardly find anything alive in the woods let alone a legal whatever. Sold and bought it back, then finally gave up on it. SN:482406 if any of you have it and how much do you want. wink I'll throw it in a McM and see if that changes things.

Have a Montana .338Fed now that sometimes shoots great/sometimes not, but has mojo when it comes to being a game attractor and so far puts them on the ground.

Another is a Hart rebarreled Mod 70 .300WM that shoots fantastic and-knock on wood-has yet to miss. Damn thing doesn't like me that much since I've aged a little and knocks the hair off my head when I let one go. Can't bring my self to sell it.

Anew .308W that is a flat out shooter has yet to show its true identity. Time will tell...

Last edited by battue; 05/19/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler