Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
Hope Crucible survives. I have a couple of 18" square sheets of 154CM, so good for now. Is any other company doing vanadium steels or the powered metal process????

I have a F�llkniven U2 folder with a powdered metal process blade (the unlikely name is "Super Gold Powder Steel").

I was waiting for it to get dull before I posted about it so that I could post about how it sharpened with my diamond stones. However, the blade has already stayed sharp well beyond my S30V and ATS34 blades. I have no idea of how long the edge will last but it must have cut 2 miles of cardboard by now and you can still cut yourself if you look too close! smile

[Linked Image]

and you can read about it here,

I was pretty skeptical that the blade would be noticeably better but it just stays sticky sharp after all that cutting and the edge has not chipped at all.

Not that it matters much since the edge could be touched up (I guess that they can be sharpened but have not had to yet!), but this was also the sharpest knife that I have ever purchased as well.

I have not seen any blades or blanks made from this steel available, but if anybody ever sees one it would be worth checking out...

John

Last edited by jpb; 06/21/09. Reason: corrected the name of the steel