thanks guys, i killed this buck from my favorite tree stand . the tract of land is only 18acres,there are 3 huge thickets on this property .in between them is a 250yd stretch of open hardwoods. my stand is in those open woods. i hadn't seen this buck but knew there was a big buck there because he was horning trees that were 4in thick everywhere.

i ride my atv into the property everyday,2 weeks before i found a 2ft scape along the trail i ride in on,well on the day i killed him he had open that scrape up to over 4ft wide so knew things were heating up. i got in the stand early and not long after shooting light a doe and a 3pt buck came cruzing by. then 2 does ran thru the open woods about 50yds from me ,then a 5pt came along ,nose to the ground . about a hour later i spotted a lone doe thru a small opening along side one of the thickets. i could barely see her . after a few minutes of watching her thru the bino's i looked behind her ,there was a huge tree leaning over maybe 5ft off the ground. i saw somthing move on the other side of that tree and he stepped under it and up popped those big antlers. i thought man he's nice and grabbed the ML. when i got on him he had started down a very steep bank behind the doe. he dropped his flat to the ground and i had a perfect shot at his body. i shot and when the smoke cleared i watched as he went stiff legged and fell right where i shot him. my first thought was man he went down fast,then i thought ,that was a long shot. i got my range finder out and it turned out to be 146yd shot.

where he fell i could get my atv right to him ,but he had such a big body i couldn't get him loaded and had to go get the land owner to help. he said this was the biggest buck he had ever seen on his property.

this place is not very big ,but has produced some of my best bucks. the land owner won't let anyone else hunt it and 400-500 acres on each side that gets hunted hard its a perfect safe haven for the deer, that is until i see them......

srwshooter

Last edited by srwshooter; 08/03/09.