It amazes me when folks make posts based on very little information and pass it on as fact, guess its an internet thing...I am sure some ranches have tagged elk that came off farms in Texas and I know they have them in Idaho, colorado, MOntana and NM, and other states, but that has nothing to do with the particular ranches we are discussing on this thread..These elk are wild elk under all circumstances. Some of the bordering ranches may now have some elk programs, I'm not sure..I have never seen a tag nor have any of the elk on iron mt. or Capt. Yates ranch been penned, taged or even vacinated....

The elk on the Sierra Diablo were stocked in the early 40s when Pres Roosevelt instigated the CCC camps and was putting folks back to work..They had a program to trade Texas Mule deer to Arizona and perhaps Mexico for elk and Coues deer.

I also know the famous Chama Land and Cattle Company that so many regard as the best elk hunting in NM or perhaps the USA, has a program designed to capture all of their wild elk each year wherein they are preg tested, given shots like cattle and in fact managed even more so than fenced tame elk, but this is so well accepted and unquestioned, go figure..

Bottom line is the whole world is a fairly tale.....