Why would you want a Shaw barrel on your Savage when the Savage barrel is one of the most consistently accurate on the market?

I just finished shooting a three-shot group into .4375" at 100 yds from my Savage 111 in 300 Win Mag! That's three shots over 3 weeks... one shot per week into the same target, with all the variables that go into dealing with moods, temp and wind over that long period.

The load was 75.5grs RL22, Rem brass, WLRM primers and 180 NP's. MV = 3010 fps.

My Savage is a bottom-end 111 with matt finish and a black syn stock. It doesn't even have the AccuTrigger or AccuStock, though it is pillar bedded and I adjusted the trigger to about 3 lbs.

The scope is no jewel either - a silver 3 - 9X40mm Bushnell Elite (I've had a few of 'em and they work just fine!)

That load will kill anything in North America, and most other big game in the world as well. It is a joy to tote and I don't worry about dings, scrapes or dents. grin

I guess some people just like to spend money on a name though the product may be inferior to the one it replaced. wink

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

I payed $375 CDN for it one year ago and put a scope on it replacing the crappy Simmons, which I already had in my possession.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus