Hi,
I have always been a big fan of the 8mm magnum rifle since my wife bought me one made by Remington back in 1978. Mine is a BDL and I would not part with it for anything. My son-in -law can't hardly wait til they put me in a box, so he can inherit mine. Now to my question.

About a month ago a friend of mine came to me and said he found a 8 mag. and wanted to know if I wanted it. I told him to bring it down and I'd look at it.

What he had was a Paul Jaeger rifle built, as near as I can tell, back around 1965 or so. It is on a 98 frame and the barrel is marked Paul Jaeger 8mm Ackley magnum. The bullet is mader from a 338 magnum case. It has a Jaeger scope mount and a scope included, along with sling swivels,about six boxes of brass, dies, bullet heads, charts of differant loads they loaded, and some bullet heads. It was built for hunting so it's not super fancy but it sure comes up nice and has a great feel to it. I paid six hundred for it. How does that sound to you guys that are in the know about gun prices? Has anybody out there ever heard anything about this caliber? I haven't tried to shoot it yet.

Big Ralph